Amy Lockwood has worked as an organizer almost eighteen years. She started A Home for Everything in 2000.
Prior to organizing, Amy taught elementary school for 7 years. Her teaching experience included leading seminars at region-wide conferences, training teachers how to more efficiently oragnize their classrooms.
Amy has a Master's Degree in Business Administration and Project Managment.
Organizing Experience At-A-Glance:
Amy was named Awesome Entrepreneur by La Femme Magazine (October 2002).
- Organized the move of a PreK-8th Grade school; a two-day project, involving over 60 volunteers, and 16 U-haul loads
- Established efficient work flow patterns for a non-profit organization with 11 employees. Changed the look of the facility to increase support.
- Created a working system for Argosy Casino's Environmental Services Staff of 40 employees
- Managed home improvement projects that involved hiring carpenters, painters, wood-craftsmen.
- Prepared legal doucments, including financial histories, for law-firm clients
- Developed working systems for clients diagnosed with ADD
- Created practical systems for legally blind client
Amy developed a novel estate inventory methodology. The implementation was met with such great success that the approach was featured in the House and Home section of the Kansas City Star (January 2006).
She was also consulted for a story: Cutting the Cord for the Kansas City Star (January 2007)
Amy worked with Simran Sethi and has been featured in her blog series on Oprah: http://motherearthnews.com/greening-house-and-home/clearing-the-clutter.aspx (2010)